About / Contact - Vintage Customs
VINTAGE CUSTOMS - Orange City, Florida
V.C. is changing for 2013 - Please Read
To the friends and followers of Vintage Customs, I would like to announce some changes regarding the future of the company.
As you may have noticed there has been little activity on the website. I’ve been bad about keeping up to date with recent build progress. Custom shop builds and customer work has been steady this past year but due to sales & personal interests, the site has suffered. As the new year approaches, there will be major changes to the business side of Vintage Customs as well as the website which will remain active with updates and posts reflecting the new changes to Vintage Customs.
Changes regarding the business side of V.C. will be quite drastic.
- I regret to state that from now on I will no longer be accepting any customer work, whether it may be simple fabrication or a full build.
- Shop builds will significantly decrease to only a select couple builds a year. As time progresses, the production will decrease and end at a point which is yet undetermined.
- The Vintage Customs business name and corporate identity will remain.
- The focus of the “brand” will be shifting to the production of custom parts and apparel. Over the past few years there has become a demand for some of the unique parts I have fabricated for the XS650’s such as Fork Covers & Handlebars.
- Also, the design of XS650, CB350 & SR500 themed apparel will be implemented and sold as the V.C. site takes shape into a blend of blog & store.
I greatly appreciate everyone who has supported Vintage Customs through the years, whether it has been by simply following on Tumblr, FB or Instagram or purchasing a bike or t-shirt. It has been a great few years and while the future of the company is still greatly unknown, I can only hope that those who have been with me from the start will continue to support and that I can reach new friends and fans during the transition into this new endeavor.
Vintage Customs started as an after-work hobby in August 2008 when, on a whim, I purchased my first custom project bike - a 1975 Yamaha XS650 which was later given the name, “Norma Jean”.
Norma had been purchased as a previously started “bobber” project that someone had abandoned and decided to sell. I’ve since come to love the Yamaha XS models, in particular the 650cc, for their simplicity of engineering and their classic overall design.
After 8 years of Graphic Design work, I’ve given up my mouse for a welder and my pen for a wrench. While fabrication remains the basis, the design element is key! All motorcycles built here are pre-1980 but are styled to evoke the classic look of the 50’s and 60’s.
100% garage built, Vintage Customs continues to evolve and expand, both in its design and physical growth.
I hope to provide you with all the info I can. If there’s anything that you would like to know, please contact me.